Al-Isharah was established in March 2008. We are a deaf services provider whose focus is to provide education, overall inclusion and equality through a number of services.
Kutbah Service Since
Al Isharah Islamic School
Al-Isharah are a deaf services provider whose focus is to provide education, overall inclusion and equality through a number of services.
Our beneficiaries are a socially excluded disabled minority group who are less likely to be financially independent, be in isolation and are more likely to develop mental health problems. Our services address the acute needs that deaf people have as a result of their disability at almost every stage of their life.
The Deaf community are amongst the most socially isolated people in society. Al-Isharah’s vision is to ensure that this is not a continuing trend through the generations. We do this through a number of services, some of which are faith based.
- Strive for social inclusion
- Support those with mental health issues
- Help to gain financial independence to deaf people
- Allow the deaf community to develop a strong identity
- Address faith and cultural barriers that impede involvement in society
- Provide equal opportunities that exist for every other person in society
- Increase awareness on the struggles deaf people have in everyday life
- Increase communication between hearing family members of deaf people and the deaf person
Every Child Matters is a government policy that focuses on the well-being of children and young people from birth to age 19. This is central to the development of the programmes within Al-Isharah.
The Government’s aim is for every child, whatever their background or their circumstances, to have the support they need to:
Enjoy and achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve economic well being
What do we do
We provide this inclusion through a number of services, some of which are faith based.
Amongst our services we provide:
- Get aways, weekend trips and outings
- A youth work service that encourages social integration
- A deaf employment service aimed at providing financial independence
- Social events and activities that facilitate interaction including one of Europes largest Muslim Deaf events (Deaf Run)
- Providing deaf awareness training to schools, colleges other institutes and businesses
- Teaching accredited Sign Language courses to teachers, carers, SEN workers and general public
- A deaf marriage service aimed at making matchmaking easier at a crucial life stage
- A specialist weekend school for deaf children teaching them core principles of Islam
- Adults Islamic lesson taught in British Sign Language
- A monthly spiritual lecture addressing prominent issues for the deaf community
- A Friday sermon (khutbah) interpretation for once a week access to a Mosque
- The British Sign Language Qur’an translation project
- Deaf Hajj/Umrah
Our work has successfully engaged Deaf children and adults who are often isolated due to cultural taboos around Deafness and disability. We look forward to your support in the development of our work.