Al Isharah has built an impressive record of delivering key youth services within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in the past delivering Summer holidays Youth Projects known as‘Mayors Activities for Young People (MAYP 2014) followed by ‘Positive Activities for Young People’ (PAYP 2015).
As a part of developing young Deaf people’s social interactions to ensure they have engagement with society and provide skills for their future working life Al Isharah are launching a Deaf Youth Service in collaboration with The Rooted Forum!
The Deaf Youth Service programme will provide the following:
- Youth sessions involving a qualified youth workers and a communication support workers
- Young people are involved in planning, executing and evaluating the activities
- Opportunities for accreditation are supported and encouraged
- There is a sense of fun and enjoyment in the sessions
- There are opportunities for young people to work independently, use their initiative and acquire a sense of responsibility towards themselves and their community
- There is a wide range of activities, including recreational, artistic and creative, sporting and intellectual
- Activities are inclusive and encourage regular, high levels of participation
The programme hopes to provide recreational trips, day outings, weekend breaks, accredited and non-accredited courses including paediatric and sports first aid, team building workshops, leadership, and peer mentoring subject to funding.
Age Group: The sessions will be open to young people from the ages of 13-23.
Time: The weekly youth sessions will take place every Wednesday’s 7pm to 9pm
Location: Tarling Estate Community Centre, 63 Martha Street, London, E1 2PA.
Grand Launch: The grand launch of this service will be on Wednesday the 7th of February 2018.
If you would like to attend please fill in the registration form:
Our supporters for this project