DEAF EMPLOYMENT SERVICE Round 3 – Register TODAY!
Do YOU live in Tower Hamlets? Looking for paid work? Been struggling to secure an interview? Register TODAY for Al Isharah’s new Employment Course for deaf and hard of hearing service users and let us help you develop the skills that employers really want!
The Deaf Employment Service provides FREE courses that aim to help D/deaf and hard of hearing people access paid work. Experienced Deaf Tutors and BSL interpreter will be present during the delivery of each course. We have just successfully delivered our second cohort and due to begin our third batch.
*This course will begin in April and last 3 months (12 weeks – 2 sessions per week). Sessions will normally take place Mondays & Thursdays 10-1pm and you must be available to attend the whole 12 weeks*
If you are interested or have a friend or family member who may benefit from this next course, please send an email expressing interest to email@example.com with subject “DEAF EMPLOYMENT”
What is covered and how will I benefit from the courses?
- Accredited training qualification (Level 1 and Level 2) from our training partner, including First Aid at Work and Food Safety.
- Weekly training seminars covering topics related to ‘what employers want?’
- Support with writing a CV and personal statement
- Completing application forms
- Free access to desktop PCs & Internet and support in finding jobs online
- Visiting employment agencies
- Interview training and Dress Code
- Course completion certificate from Al Isharah charity
- Possible opportunity for some students to complete an internship at Al Isharah charity
- Possible Voluntary work opportunity at Al Isharah charity and other local organisations including maybe the Council
Application form has to be completed. If you are suitable and meet all the criteria then you will be selected for the course.
If you live in Tower Hamlets (London) and are looking for paid work please come and register on the course on Mondays or Wednesdays from 10am to 1pm in the new Al Isharah office – directly behind LMC. Address: Al-Isharah Ltd, Office 102, East London Business Centre, 93-101 Greenfield Road, London, E1 1EJ. Deaf staff will help you complete the course application form.
Deaf Employment Service Team